Washington’s public four-year college and universities – Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, The Evergreen State College, University of Washington, Washington State University and Western Washington University – are committed to meeting the college and career goals of Washington’s high school students. We know that many Washington students want to further their education after high school and many students want to attend one of Washington’s public four-year college or universities and we want Washington students!
We believe that college is for everyone that wants to go and we are here to help students achieve their goals. Together we recognize there are multiple pathways and programs that provide:
- College and preparatory college experiences for students in high school
- Emphasize the role and value of learning
- Support access to, enrollment in and successful completion of rigorous coursework in high school
- Address issues of equity and access
- Encourage intentional participation, through unbiased student focused advising in alignment with a student’s personal, career and educational goals and interests with an emphasis on learning and fit, including academic readiness, preparation and student post-high school goals.
If you are considering a dual credit course we have developed information below that students and families should know.