Washington’s public four-year college and universities are excited to welcome Washington high school students! On average, our institutions accept nearly two-thirds of first-time freshman applicants.
Our student bodies reflect the increasingly diverse population of our state. We pledge to serve all students, now and in the future, with a commitment to identifying and reducing gaps in equity and opportunity.
Our institutional admissions processes consider the whole student, by looking at grades, courses – both the type and the level at which taken – and assessments in the context of the student’s school along with other information to make an admissions decision. We also welcome students of all backgrounds and experiences, including students who want to return to school to update their skills or retool for the labor market.
2023 Fall Counselor Workshops Presentations
- Fall 2023 Webinar Series for High School Counselors – Register Here!
- Washington Guaranteed Admissions Program (WAGAP)
- Washington’s Public Baccalaureate Universities and College Join the Common App
- Factsheet on Admissions
- WSAC Admissions Standards Policy
- College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs)
- Washington’s Public Baccalaureate Universities and College Implement Permanent Test (SAT/ACT) Optional Policies
- Statement on Washington High School Mastery Transcripts