The Council of Presidents (COP) is an association of Washington’s six public baccalaureate degree granting college and universities. Located in Olympia, Washington, COP strives to be a common voice for the public baccalaureate sector and the most respected and trusted resource for decision makers on issues affecting public higher education. COP serves as the coordinating role for a number of initiatives and activities common to the public baccalaureate institutions, fostering coordination and collaboration among the public baccalaureates as well as with other educational partners, both in Washington and nationally.
Below are the current members of the Council of Presidents.
- John Carmichael, The Evergreen State College
- Ana Mari Cauce, University of Washington
- David May, Eastern Washington University (Current Chair)
- Sabah Randhawa, Western Washington University
- Kirk Schulz, Washington State University
- Jim Wohlpart, Central Washington University