The Council of Presidents is actively committed to advancing efforts to promote greater diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campuses that align with their missions as public institutions to serve Washington residents.
The foundation for our work is the belief that faculty, staff, and students benefit from a vibrant, rich learning community composed of many differing perspectives and life experiences, allowing them to succeed and meet their personal and professional goals in an interdependent, globally connected world rooted in 21st Century ideals of opportunity and discovery.
College and University Resources
Our member institutions provide a myriad of diversity-related programs, services, resources, and events for prospective and current students as well as alumni, and faculty and staff. Additional information can be found below.
- Recent events have led our campus leaders to speak out on issues impacting local communities, as well as our state and nation.
Council of Presidents:
- “CWU in Solidarity with AAPI Community“ – President Jim Gaudino
- “Time for Action: Message from the Vice President of Inclusivity & Diversity” – Kandee Cleary, Vice President, Inclusivity & Diversity
- “March 18, 2021 Message from Dr. Delores (Kandee) Cleary, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity” – Kandee Cleary, Vice President, Inclusivity & Diversity
- “Message from the President: Choose a Side” – Interim President David May
- “March 17, 2021 Note from Vice President Shari Clarke-ODEI” – Shari Clarke, Vice President for Diversity and Senior Diversity Officer
- “EWU Leadership, Police Issue Statements on George Floyd’s Death” – President Mary Cullinan and Leadership Team
- “Statement of Compassion from The Evergreen State College, Tacoma” – Dr. Marcia Tate Arunga
- “On Tragedy, Inequity and the Need for Positive Change” – President George Bridges
- “We must not let racism and anti-Asian hate threaten our community (Updated 3/17/21)” – President Ana Mari Cauce
- “Lifting the veil: understanding the clarity this moment offers” – President Ana Mari Cauce
- “We are in community with you” – UW Tacoma Chancellor Mark Pagano and Leadership Team
- “Deep reflection needed following Atlanta murders” – Chancellor Elizabeth Chilton & Leadership Team
- “Recent tragedies a call for self‑examination” – President Kirk Schulz and Leadership Team
- “Sparking a new generation of leadership” – WSU Everett Chancellor Paul Pitre
- “We can all do our part to help prevent racial injustice” – WSU Tri-Cities Chancellor Sandra Haynes
- “Standing Together Against Racism and Anti-Asian Hate” – President Sabah Randhawa
- “Racial Violence has No Place in Our Communities” – President Sabah Randhawa
State and Partner Initiatives
- Office of Financial Management Division of State Human Resources: https://www.ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/workforce-diversity-equity-and-inclusion
- State Board for Community and Technical Colleges: https://www.sbctc.edu/about/dei/default.aspx
- Washington Student Achievement Council: Students Who Are Immigrants, Are Undocumented, or Have DACA
- Independent Colleges of Washington: https://icwashington.org/page/equity
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction: https://www.k12.wa.us/policy-funding/equity-and-civil-rights